Welcome procedure for Erasmus and IN trainees
Foreign medical students wishing to do an internship at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Liège must meet certain conditions, depending on their situation.
- The foreign trainee is no longer undergoing training at a university (graduation, specialization). They are therefore solely dependent on the CHU de Liège, and the Faculty of Medicine is no longer involved. An agreement must be signed between the head of department, the CHU legal department and the trainee;
- The foreign trainee is in training at his or her home university. The trainee reports to the Faculty of Medicine. An agreement between the head of the CHU department, the University of Liège, the home university and the trainee must be signed
ATTENTION: Only one application may be submitted for the same period. It is not possible to submit several applications to different departments.
Information provided by the foreign trainee hosted by ULiège
- a detailed CV
- a letter of motivation
Compulsory conditions :
- french B1 level required
- start of internship(s) from 4th year onwards
If the foreign trainee meets the above criteria, he/she can take the following steps:
- request the department manager's agreement by e-mail and agree dates with him/her;
- forward the department head's agreement to the Pedagogical Office (contact person: Lysan Delsael), as well as Madame Villeminot from the International Relations Department of the University of Liège, in order to start the administrative procedures;
- to have all administrative formalities in order (agreement, ULiège registration, etc.) before starting the internship.
Foreign trainees areregistered as exchange students and will therefore have a student number and badge.
NB: Erasmus students who register for one or two semesters may have internships as part of their study program at ULiège. These internships take place under the same conditions as ULiège students (contact person: Dorothée Pirotte).