The general objective of the Sustainability Unit is to ensure that students who graduate from the Faculty of Medicine are aware of the major societal issues, aware of the ecosystemic constraints and trained in a sustainable and adaptive practice of their profession. This practice should be based on an integrated vision of health and be in line with the UN'ssustainable development goals. It is available to support teachers in the steps necessary to achieve this goal.
Current operational objectives include
- Establishing the state of the art and adapting the theoretical learning and the fundamental notions of sustainability in the curricula as required by the Belgian adaptation plan.
- Introduce sustainability thinking into the use of materials and procedures used through measuring the impact of different options and raising awareness among trainers and students. The goal is to adapt these measures and techniques to the requirement of reducing the ecological footprint according to best practices.
- To collaborate in the sustainability processes of ULiège and the CHU of Liège, whether through awareness raising or the implementation of general sustainable practices in partnership with existing university sustainable development actors (Green Office ULiège, Cellule DD, Associations, etc.)
The cell has been established as a steering committee that is explicitly open to initiatives and requests from the various faculty actors. Its structure will adapt to the evolving demands for involvement. In particular, at the beginning of the academic year, we look forward to the active involvement of student representatives.
- Jean-Luc BELCHE, Chair of the Department of Clinical Sciences
- Stephen BORNHEIM, Lecturer in the Department of Motor Sciences
- Julien CLAESSENS, Assistant and Ph.D. student in the Department of Pharmacy
- Romann CLOSE, Student in Block 3 of the Bachelor of Medicine
- Anne COLLARD, Coordinator at the Pedagogical Office of the Faculty
- Sabine GEERTS, Professor in the Department of Dental Sciences
- Audrey GUEDERS, Lecturer in the Department of Dental Sciences
- Céline HOERNER, Manager of faculty projects and communication
- Boris JIDOVTSEFF, Professor in the Department of Motor Sciences
- Thomas LERHO, PhD student, Department of Biomedical and Preclinical Sciences
- Pierre MAQUET, Head of the Department of Neurology at the University Hospital of Liege
- Bénédicte MOUSSET, Pedagogical Office and Department of Pharmacy
- Agnès NOEL, Professor at the Department of Biomedical and Preclinical Sciences
- Françoise PETERS, Pedagogical Office
- Olivier PEULEN, Associate Professor in the Department of Biomedical and Preclinical Sciences
- Geneviève PHILIPPE, Lecturer in the Department of Pharmacy
- Felix SCHOLTES, Professor in the Department of Biomedical and Preclinical Sciences
- Jean THOMANN, Student in Block 3 of the Master in Medicine
- Yves WESCHE, Director of UDIMED
- Joëlle WIDART, Lecturer in the Department of Pharmacy
- Eric ZIEMONS, Associate Professor in the Department of Pharmacy
The definition of the objectives was facilitated by Claire WILIQUET, invited by the cell, in charge of citizen education at Eclosio, the NGO of the ULiège.
Cycle of conferences
During the academic year 2022-2023, the Sustainability Unit of the Faculty of Medicine will organize its first cycle of conferences.